Saturday, September 15, 2012

Love is Hopeless.



I recently met a boy who made me smile more then I have in a long time. He was pretty great for the time being but not everyone seems to be who they really are anymore. Long story short, I was hurt for like 30 minutes but then I realized, people come into our lives for a reason.To teach us things, to make us wonder how things would be, to give us hope, to make us realize what we deserve. That's what this one boy did for me. He made me wonder and hope again for something better.

I know this blog is called " Confessions of a Hopeless Romantic", here's my number one confession. I'm scared. I'm scared to let someone in. I'm scared of getting to close to someone to quickly and losing them. I'm scared of failing. I'm scared of falling in love with someone who couldn't love me back, because it hurts...a lot. I've recently done a lot of re-evaluating of my life, thoughts about my future, about my family and my friends, thoughts about where I hope to be in 10 years, & thoughts about what I want out of a relationship.

I've been praying a lot for God to grant me patience and to help me forgive those who have hurt me. He's working wonders in my life right now and I am so blessed. 

I want a man who is going to text me in the morning. I want a man who will make me laugh more then I have ever laughed before. I want a man who will take silly/cute pictures with me. I want a man who will notice when I'm upset, and tell me a stupid joke to make me feel better. I want a man who likes long hugs. I want a man respects me. I want a man who won't rush things. I want a man who won't lie to me. I want a man who is prepared for a million questions, who's prepared for my family and my appetite and my random dancing when I'm in the kitchen baking cupcakes. I want a man who is prepared for my friends, and for my sad/happy tears. I want a man who believes in my imagination and doesn't laugh at me but laughs with me. I want a man who is going to walk in the rain with me and run with me every morning at 6AM. I want a man that is willing to have useless fights with me for no stupid reason and still cares about me after, because we're going to fight.  I want a man who I can talk to for hours, one who can be goofy with me. I want a man who will always smile even when times get hard and someone who loves life the way I do.  I want a man who will protect me and lend me their coat when I'm cold. I want a man who accepts for me who I am.

I have heard a thousand people tell me that this man that I believe in doesn't exist, but they're wrong. He's real, and I do believe everyone has one just special for them. You just have to be patient and let go of the things that hurt you and let someone in.

I think that's what's so hopeless about love, no one believes in it, till it happens to them. But when it happens, it's absolutely perfect and you may not know when it happens. You may know that one person right now as you're reading this. They might be your enemy or your best friend or someone you walked past in Walmart today. But I promise they are real. 

When you stop chasing the wrong things, You give the right things a chance to catch you. 

xo- With love, hopeless. 





No comments:

Post a Comment